Contact Tracing & Symptoms Checker APP
The app was launched on March 27 and includes an interactive Covid-19 symptom checker to:
- To help slow down the spread of COVID-19
- Join millions of people helping to fight COVID-19
- Help scientists identify high risk areas
- Provide real-time information on the spread of the illness
Real Time Data
Our COVID-19 symptom-tracker app
The app asks participants to fill in some of their personal and medical data, then take one minute a day to report on whether they feel healthy – and, if not, to answer questions on a wide range of symptoms, from coughs and fever to fatigue, diarrhoea and confusion. The goal is to inform the public as well as provide real-time information on the spread of the illness across the UK.
The app will help members of the public to: decide if they or someone they care for have the symptoms of coronavirus; understand the severity of their symptoms and what to do and how to cope; decide if they need to get clinical advice and how to access it; access specific advice for vulnerable members of the community; get an isolation note if they are advised to self-isolate.
Collaborate with us
If you’re doing research on COVID-19 and you want to contribute or believe this initiative can help your efforts, please let us know at
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +234 803 285 7919
Phone: +44 745 984 4405
Frequently asked questions
This research aims to help scientists understand COVID-19 , with the following specific aims:
- Better understand symptoms of COVID-19
- Understand how fast the virus is spreading in your area
- Identify high risk areas in the country
- Identify who is most at risk by better understanding symptoms linked to health conditions
- In the future we hope we will be able to use this data to help the NHS support sick individuals. This app is not intended to be a diagnostic tool.
We take data security very seriously and enforce best practices to ensure your data is protected. This doesn’t mean that there is no risk but we have taken every precaution to minimise that for you.
We are also required to protect your data by law.